Elaianthos is a traditional-style cottage built amidst a 15-acre olive grove. It is situated in the coastal region of Laconia and it borders with Mavrovouni beach – probably the nicest and most visited beach of Laconia.
The cottage is only 2 kilometres away from Gythio, a town known as the gate to Mani (Napoleon Bonaparte wrote his first scholar essay on the people of Mani!), an area combining sea, mountains and long history.
Our cottage is an ideal base for:
- visiting stone towns and villages, like Areopolis, Itilo, Gerolimenas, Stoupa, and Kardamili
- enjoying day-trips to Sparta and the excellently preserved Byzantine Castle of Mistras (and nearby Kaiadas, where ancient Spartans supposedly threw whoever did not fit their standards!)
- taking an underground boat-ride in the cave of Diros, one of the most impressive stalactite and stalagmite caves in the world
- swimming in Mavrovouni or the world renowned beaches of Kardamyli and Stoupa (yes! That’s where the real Zorba lived, and where Zorba and Kazantzakis actually tried to dig a mine – just like in the book!)
- trekking Mount Taygetos and walking along the wonderful rugged coastline of Mani
- discovering the medieval castle city of Monemvasia
- going to Elafonisos island (from the port of Neapoli).
Elaianthos consists of 3 elegant, comfortable and fully renovated apartments with plenty of surrounding space, ideal not only for a summer vacation, but for year round escapes to the sea or the mountain.
By car, Elaianthos is three minutes from the center of Gythio and 2 minutes from Mavronouni beach. On foot, you can walk through our wonderful olive grove to get to the sandy – and careta-careta favourite – beach of Mavrovouni.